Thursday, August 8, 2013

End of Summer

I can't believe how fast this summer has gone!  I still have so much to do before the school year starts and am trying to spend as much time with my baby girl as possible!  I am currently working on my job chart and center signs.  Yes I am the person that has made new center signs every year, because I want something different.  They are both going to be chevron themed.  I am a little obsessed with chevron.  Hopefully they will be done tomorrow, but we will see.  I am also hoping to put them on teachers pay teachers!  It will be my first time selling anything, which is exciting!  I have been working on putting my farm unit materials together as well, but have not been the fastest with that.  I have focused my summer on getting the house put together and spending a lot of time with my 8 month old, Izzy.

Tomorrow I will finally be moving all of my teaching stuff out of my living room and into my new classroom.  I am very excited about my new position, teaching all day pre-k at a native american immersion school.  I know I have a lot to learn and a lot to do.  I don't think you realize how much stuff you have till you can't walk in your living room and boxes are stacked.  Hopefully, it will all fit in the classroom.

I was finally able to see my new classroom yesterday and I am super excited to get everything organized.  Might sound weird, but I love setting up a classroom and getting everything in place.  It's a lot of work, but definitely rewarding when it's all said and done.  Pictures will follow once I get everything situated.

I have decided to do a chevronish theme.  I found some cute chevron boarders at lakeshore that go great with the crate seats I already had.  They also had this new pattern called calypso, which was very cute! I bought the polka doted and the striped boarders to go with my teal and green chevron.  I am thinking it will look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment